Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Three Cheddar Butters
- Beef Tenderloin
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Use about 6oz to 8oz of cleaned tenderloin per person.
- Season with a ratio of about 1 tsp of Kosher Salt per pound of tenderloin. And season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Sear the tenderloin roast in a heavy bottom saute pan or cast iron pan over very high heat. Using a neutral oil like canola or grapeseed, pour enough into the pan so that there is a slight sheen of oil across the bottom. Heat until the oil begins to shimmer and then add in the roast with the fattier side down first.
- Sear on each side for about 1 to 3 minutes, lifting and moving around just a bit before turning to the other two sides.
- Once fully seared, place on a rimmed baking tray with a cooling rack. Place into the oven and roast until an internal temperature of 120°F for rare, 126°F for medium rare, 132°F for medium, 145°F for medium well and 155°F for well done.
- Once the roast hits the desired temperature, remove from the oven and let rest in a warm place for about 10 minutes before carving and serving. If you need to let the roast rest longer, just place back into a 400°F oven for about 4 minutes and then slice and serve.
Top with your choice of Cheddar Butters:
Herb Cheddar Butter
Cheddar & Roasted Pepper Tapenade
Pumpkin Seed Cheddar Pesto