Pumpkin Seed and Cheddar Pesto
- 1 C Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ¼ + 1 ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1 Tbs Fresh Rosemary, stemmed and chopped
- ½ C Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- In a saute pan over high heat, combine the olive oil and pumpkin seeds and heat them until they begin to fry. Stir while frying for about 1 to 2 minute or until the seeds begin to change to a tan brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, cinnamon and pepper. Let cool.
- Once cooled, combine everything in a food processor and pulse until a coarse paste has formed. Refrigerate for a few hours for the flavors to marry. Serve at room temperature. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Goes great on our Perfect Filet, Click for Recipe