Baked Cheddar and Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 ea Cauliflower, large
- 1 ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 3 T All Purpose Flour
- 1 T Parsley, chopped
- 2 C Milk
- 1 ¼ T Kosher Salt (more for blanching)
- ¼ T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ea Small Yellow Onion, Julienne
- 1 T Butter
- ½ C Bread Crumbs
- In a mixing bowl mix the Adam’s Reserve Cheddar, flour, parsley, milk and 1 t of the kosher salt together and set aside.
- Over medium high heat sauté the onion with the butter and ¼ t of the salt until golden brown.
- While the onion is sautéing, bring a large sauce pan with ½ gallon of water and 2 T of kosher salt to a boil. Cut the cauliflower into large florets and add to the boiling water. Simmer the cauliflower for 5 minutes or until just tender. Strain and put back in the sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onions and milk mixture to the cauliflower and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. As soon as the mixture has thickened transfer it to a 9” x 13” gratin dish, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and put in a preheated 400°F oven for 25 minutes or until the gratin is golden brown and bubbly in the center. Serve immediately.