Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Cheddar & Herbs
Published on April 24, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 2# Baby Potatoes
- 2 T Olive Oil
- ¼ t Garlic Powder
- ¾ t Kosher Salt
- ¼ C Butter, melted
- 1 ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ C Mixed Fresh Herbs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil and coat thoroughly. Place on a cookie tray and roast for 25 to 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- Let the potatoes cool just enough to be able to handle them. Then, use a heavy pot or pan to smash them to approx ½" flat. At this point you can keep the potatoes, covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet and liberally brush the potatoes with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic powder and salt. Place the potatoes in the oven on the top shelf and roast for about 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, top each potato with the grated Adams Reserve Cheddar, and sprinkle with the herbs (you can use parsley, thyme, chives, rosemary). Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheddar has melted. Serve immediately.
- Servings : 6-8 ppl
- Course : Side Dishes
- Recipe Type : Entertaining, Potatoes, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.