Smashed Potatoes with Aged Cheddar & Chives
- 4 # Yukon Potatoes
- 1 1/2 T Salt
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Heavy Cream
- 4 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar
- 1/4 T Cornstarch
- 2 T Chives, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and 1 t salt until well coated. Transfer to a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting, toss shredded cheese in a mixing bowl with cornstarch. In a small pot simmer the heavy cream and the remaining ½ t salt over medium heat. Whisk in the cheddar and keep whisking until it comes back to a boil. Set in a warm place.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, and while still hot, carefully use a heavy bottomed skillet and gently flatten each of them to about ½” thick. Place them in a serving dish and pour cheese sauce over the smashed potatoes and garnish with chives. Serve while still hot.