Shaved Brussels Sprout, Bacon & Cheddar Salad
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, shaved thin
- 6 ea Bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ C Smoked almonds, rough chopped
- 3 T EVOO
- ¼ C Sweet onion, fine diced
- 1 ea Garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ C Red wine vinegar
- ¼ C Dijon mustard
- ⅓ C Honey
- ½ t Kosher salt
- ¼ t Fresh-ground black pepper
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, garlic in the olive oil until soft. Add in the vinegar, mustard and honey and whisk to combine. Transfer to a small dish and refrigerate for an hour or up to 3 days.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sprouts, bacon, cheddar and almonds. Pour the dressing over the sprouts, toss and season with a little extra salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately.