Savory ARC Churros
- 18 6" Churros
- 1 C All-purpose flour
- 1 C Water
- 2 T Butter
- 1 t Kosher salt
- ¼ t Garlic powder
- 1 T Fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- ⅔ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- In a sauce pan over high heat, bring the water, butter, salt, garlic and herbs to a boil. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and mix until thoroughly combined and no lumps are left. Move the dough to a mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature. While the dough is cooling, bring your frying or pot of oil up to 350°.
- Once the dough has cooled, mix in the cheddar. Transfer to a piping bag with a large fluted tip. On a cookie sheet, pipe out 6” long churros, about 2” apart from each other.
- When the oil reaches 350°, fry the churros three or four at a time until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Serve while still hot. They go great with our Adams Reserve Cheddar & Beer Fondue (recipe here).