Prosciutto & Zucchini “Poppers”
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 6 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ½ C Sun-dried Tomatoes, drained & rough chopped
- ¼ C Basil, cut into 1” ribbons
- 2 t Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 2 T Breadcrumbs
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 3 ea Medium Zucchini
- 12ea Slices of Prosciutto
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheddar, goat cheese, tomatoes, basil, rosemary, breadcrumbs and half of the black pepper into a thick and chunky filling.
- On a mandolin slicer, carefully slice the zucchini into full length ribbons about the thickness of two stacked dimes. Cut each prosciutto slice in half long ways.
- To construct, lay a half slice of prosciutto down and place a zucchini ribbon on top of it. Place a heaping tablespoon of filling on the end closest to you and roll tightly into a log.
- Continue constructing until all the filling is gone. Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment, leaving about 1” between each one. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining black pepper. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and broil for about 7 to 13 minutes, or until the prosciutto begins to crisp around the edges. Rolls will ooze a little - let cool slightly before serving.
- Course : Appetizers