Grilled Summer Breads
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temp
- 2 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ½ C Milk (whole, skim or low fat)
- 2 T Basil, chopped
- 1 T Garlic, chopped
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- ½ T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ea French Baguette, cut into 16 -½” pieces
- An Assortment of Fresh Veggies
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Chopped Herbs: Parsley, Rosemary, Oregano, Basil... use your imagination!
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip together your cheeses, milk, salt, garlic, pepper & basil. Mix on medium speed for 3-4 min or until the mixture is creamy. Keep at room temperature if you are using right away, if not refrigerate for up to one week. Be sure to bring the cheese to room temperature before you serve it.
- Select fresh veggies from your local grocer or farm market such as zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, onions and tomatoes. Slice and brush them with olive oil, season with kosher salt and pepper and grill over high heat until nicely browned. Brush your bread slices with olive oil, then grill each side briefly until golden.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the slices then top with herbs and veggies.