Grilled ARC & Roasted Pepper Polenta Cakes
Published on May 17, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- 1 C Coarse Polenta
- 3½ C Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 T Butter
- ¼ C Onions, julienne
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ C Roasted Peppers, julienne
- 1½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and garlic with the butter until soft. Add in the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. While whisking, stream in the polenta slowly to prevent lumps. Bring back to a simmer and lower the heat. Continue to stir frequently to prevent burning. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Taste for doneness and seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and spread into an oiled jellyroll pan, keeping the mixture at one end; spread it out to a thickness of about a half-inch. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to about 450F. Turn the polenta out onto a cutting board, cut into desired shapes and brush both sides with a touch of EVOO. Rub the grates of the grill with a touch of oil and grill the cakes for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Servings : 4 to 6
- Course : Appetizers
- Recipe Type : Grilling, Picnics, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.