Green Bean & Cheddar Casserole
Published on November 22, 2021 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 1 # Birds Eye Frozen Whole Green Beans
- 4 oz Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T Butter
- 1 1/2 T Salt
- 1/4 T Black Pepper
- 2 C Milk
- 2 T All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 T Fresh Garlic, chopped
- ½ C Onion, finely diced
- 4 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- 3 oz Durkee French Fried Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large sauce pot, combine garlic, onions, mushrooms and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over high heat until the mushrooms are tender and most of the moisture is gone. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Then slowly whisk in milk until completely combined.
- Bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the green beans and bring back to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the cheese; immediately transfer to a 9”x13” casserole dish. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, followed by the fried onions.
- Cook 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the onions have turned a light brown. Serve while still hot.
- Course : Side Dishes
- Recipe Type : Casserole, Comfort Food, Holiday, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.