Cheddar, English Pea and Bacon Mac & Cheese
Published on May 3, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 1 lb Pasta, cooked in salted water, any shape
- 1 qt Whole Milk
- 4 T All Purpose Flour
- 4 T Butter
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 4 t Kosher Salt
- 8 oz Frozen Sweet Peas, thawed
- 4 ea Bacon Slices, large diced
- 2 T Fresh Garlic, sliced
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- 1 T Fresh Oregano, leaves only
- In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and then stir in the flour. Cook, while stirring, for about 2 minutes. Whisk in about 1/3 of the milk and whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the remaining milk and bring to a boil, whisking often to avoid scorching. Once to a boil, remove from the heat and add in the cheeses and salt and whisk until combined. Combine the pasta and the sauce while the pasta is still warm, mix well.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, render the bacon crisp. Once crispy, add the garlic and sauté until just beginning to brown. Add the oregano, stir for a few seconds and then add the peas and salt and sauté until warm. Toss the peas & bacon into the mac & cheese and serve while still warm.
- Servings : 6 to 8
- Course : Side Dishes
- Recipe Type : Bacon, Holiday, Mac N Cheese, Pasta
No comments yet.