Fall Squash, Sweet Onion & Cheddar Tart
- ½ C Sweet onions, julienne
- 1 t Butter
- ¼ C Water
- ⅛ t Salt
- 3C Fall squash, thinly sliced (acorn, butternut etc.)
- ¼ t Salt
- ⅛ t Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 T Butter, melted
- ½ t Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 t Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1¼ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T Honey
- 1 ea Frozen puff pastry sheet, approx 9”x11”
- Combine first four ingredients over medium heat and sauté until water is evaporated and the onions are beginning to brown.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Toss the sliced squash, salt, pepper, butter, thyme and parsley together in a mixing bowl.
- Place the puff pastry on a cookie tray and brush it with the Dijon, staying away from the edges. Spread ½ of the cheese over the pastry. Then top evenly with onions and the seasoned squash. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and drizzle with honey. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes and rotate the pan. Bake for another 10 to 20 minutes or until the squash and cheese has begun to brown and the edges of the pastry are golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Course : Appetizers