Crispy Cheddar & Bacon Mashed Potato Balls
- 15 balls
- 3C Mashed Potatoes
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1C Crispy Bacon, chopped fine
- ¼ C Fresh Green Onion, chopped
- 1T Mild Hot Sauce
- 2ea Eggs
- ¼ C Milk
- 1C All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½C Unseasoned Breadcrumbs
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- Oil for Frying
- Combine the cheddar, bacon & green onion in a mixing bowl. Place the flour in a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Working with about 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes at a time, form the potato into a flat disk in the palm of your hand. Ball up about a tablespoon of cheddar/bacon mix and place it in the center of the potato disk. Form the potatoes around the cheddar mixture and shape into a ball. Place the balls into the pan of flour.
- Continue to make balls until all the potatoes and filling are used up.
- Combine the hot sauce, milk and eggs and whisk together until smooth. Place the breadcrumbs in a 9x13 pan and mix with the salt.
- Roll all of the balls in the flour, then egg wash and then breadcrumbs and place on a tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days covered.
- When ready to serve, fry the balls in 375F oil until brown. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.