Creamy Cheddar Mushrooms
- Makes 3 Cups
- 1 ½ # Button Mushrooms
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- 2 T Butter
- 8oz Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 4oz Cream Cheese, room
- 1 ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 2 t Fresh Thyme or Rosemary, chopped
- ¼ C Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine the mushrooms, salt & butter and cover. After about 5 minutes the mushrooms should be swimming in “water”.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook until all of the water has evaporated and the mushrooms begin to brown. Continue to brown the mushrooms until nicely caramelized.
- Add in the rosemary or thyme and sauté for about 15 seconds. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set them aside in a warm place.
- Add the broth into the pan and reduce by half. Then whisk in the cream cheese until fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cheddar, mushrooms and parsley. Serve immediately while still warm.
- We love these served over our Creamy Cheddar Polenta