Cheddar & Spinach Strada
- 10 oz Fresh Spinach
- ½ C Onion, fine diced
- 1 T Fresh Garlic, fine diced
- 1½ T Butter
- ¼ C Fresh Basil, chopped fine
- 8 C Fresh Rustic Bread, 1” cubes
- 8 Eggs
- 2 C Half and Half
- 1½ t Kosher Salt
- ½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the spinach for about three minutes or until fully wilted. Once wilted, run cold water over to cool to room temp. Then squeeze as much water as possible from all the spinach. Rough chop the spinach and put into a mixing bowl.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onions & garlic with the butter until translucent and tender; pour into the bowl with the spinach. Add in the chopped basil and mix together thoroughly, being sure to break up the spinach well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 oven-proof dish with spray oil. Put about half of the bread cubes into the bottom, followed by half of the spinach mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat the layering once more.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, salt & pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach & bread, being sure to pour around the entire dish. Refrigerate overnight, if desired.
- Place the pan on a cookie tray to catch any overflow. Bake at 325°F for about 60 to 70 minutes or until puffy and the center is fully set and about 155°F internal temperature. Remove from the oven and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve while still warm.