Cheddar Shepherd’s Pie
Published on April 24, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 1 # Lean Ground Beef
- 24 oz Chilled Mashed Potatoes
- 8 oz Frozen Peas
- 1 C Onion, minced
- 1/2 T Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 2 T All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 T Black Pepper
- 2 T Kosher Salt
- 1/2 C Milk
- 6 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, combine beef, salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned and cooked. Add flour to the beef and stir to incorporate. Continue to let cook over medium heat while stirring for another minute. Slowly whisk in milk and let cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add a half ounce of the cheese and all of the peas.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a 9” casserole dish in one even layer. Crumble or spread the mashed potatoes over the top also forming one even layer. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and the chives over top and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.
- Course : Entrees
- Recipe Type : Beef, Casserole, Comfort Food
No comments yet.