Creamy Cheddar Polenta
Published on January 13, 2023 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Makes 6 Cups
- 3 C Whole Milk
- 1 ½ t Kosher Salt
- ½ C Coarse or Medium-Grind Cornmeal
- 2 T Butter, cubed
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 2 t Fresh Rosemary and Parsley, optional
- Creamy Cheddar Mushrooms, recipe linked below
- Over medium-high heat, bring the milk & salt to a simmer in a large heavy sauce pan.
- Gradually sprinkle the cornmeal into the simmering milk while whisking at the same time. Continue to stir until the mixture comes back to a simmer. Then turn the heat to a very low simmer and continue to cook the polenta for about 20 minutes. Stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Towards the end of cooking, begin to taste the polenta, biting it between your front teeth to check to see if the grains of cornmeal are fully cooked and no longer hard.
- When it’s done, stir in the butter, cheese and additional salt to taste if needed.
- Top with our Creamy Cheddar Mushrooms
- Course : Side Dishes
- Recipe Type : Comfort Food, Entertaining, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.