Cheddar, Broccoli & Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 ea Frozen Pie Doughs or Homemade
- 1 ea Small Onion, diced, about ½ cup
- ¼ t Dried Thyme or fresh
- ¼ t Dried Rosemary, chopped or fresh
- 1 T Butter
- 2 T All Purpose Flour
- ½ C Milk
- ½ C Chicken Broth
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- 1½ C Fresh Broccoli, blanched & squeezed dry
- 1½ C Pulled Rotisserie Chicken, rough chopped
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1 ea Egg, beaten
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, thyme & rosemary in the butter until the onions are tender. Stir in the flour.
- Whisk in the milk and keep stirring until it thickens. Whisk in the broth until smooth. Bring back to a simmer and then remove from the heat. Whisk in the salt and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the broccoli, chicken and ⅔ cup cheddar.
- Line a deep 9” pie pan with one piece of the pie dough and pour in the filling. Top with the other piece, crimp the edges and cut a few steam slits in the top. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust is fully cooked and the filling is bubbling. Top with the remaining ⅓ cup of cheddar and place back in the over for two minutes to melt the top.
- Let rest out of the oven for 10 minutes before serving.