Beef Stroganoff with Creamy Cheddar Chive Sauce
Published on December 3, 2021 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 3# Beef Chuck or Sirloin, cubed
- 2 ½t Kosher Salt
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 4T Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 ea Onion, large, diced
- 1 T Fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 # Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 C Dry White Wine
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 C Low Sodium Beef Bone Broth
- ½ t Dried Thyme
- 1 ea Bay Leaf
- ½C Wondra Flour or 2 T Corn Starch
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ C Fresh Chives, snipped
- 1t Dijon Mustard
- 1/8t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1y Kosher Salt
- 16oz Sour Cream
- 16oz Egg Noodles, cooked
- Working in batches, in a large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, heat part of the olive oil. Brown the beef cubes quickly in batches, seasoning with salt and pepper as they cook. Remove beef from pan to a dish and repeat with remaining beef.
- Once all the meat is browned, add the remaining oil, onions, garlic and mushrooms to the pan with the beef drippings. Cook and stir for a couple of minutes. Add wine, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce and simmer until reduced by half. Add beef broth, browned beef, bay leaf and thyme and combine well.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until beef is fork tender.
- While the stroganoff is cooking, combine everything for the creamy cheddar chive sauce in a mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed. Set aside and keep cold.
- In a small bowl, combine the Wondra flour (or corn starch) with ½ cup cold water and whisk smooth. Stir into the simmering stroganoff and mix thoroughly. Bring back to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cook your noodles. Stir in half of the creamy cheddar sauce into the simmering stroganoff. Stir until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve over the noodles and top off with the remaining creamy cheddar sauce.
- Servings : Serves 4 to 6 People
- Course : Entrees
- Recipe Type : Beef, Casserole, Comfort Food, Entertaining, Holiday, Pasta
No comments yet.