Bacon, Sausage & ARC Jalapeño Poppers
- 24 Poppers
- 12 ea Jalapeño peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- ½ lb. Fresh ground pork sausage
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ t Garlic, dried / minced
- 1 T Kosher salt
- ¼ t Fresh-ground black pepper
- 12 ea Bacon slices, halved
- ¼ t Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lay the bacon on a cookie sheet and bake for about five minutes or until starting to get a little brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook the sausage and chop into small crumbles. Once fully cooked, drain in a colander and let cool.
- Bring four cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Add in the one tablespoon of salt and the seeded peppers. Let simmer for one minute.
- Mix together the cooked sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Then, fill each jalapeño half with the cheese & sausage mixture. Once filled, wrap each pepper with a half slice of bacon, using a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.