Bacon, Potato & Onion Frittata
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1 C ½ & ½
- 1 C Milk
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 T Parsley, chopped
- 1 C sliced Adams Reserve Cheddar, crumbled
- 1 # Creamer Potatoes
- 1 ea small Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 T Butter
- 2 to 3 crisp Bacon slices, crumbled
- Bring ½ gallon of water to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add the potatoes and 1 T of kosher salt and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender. Strain the potatoes and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour. In a sauté pan over medium high heat sauté the onions with the butter and ½ t of the salt until golden brown. Peel the cooled potatoes and slice into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a buttered 9" x 13" gratin dish, sprinkle about half of the onions on the bottom, followed by half of the Adam's Reserve Cheddar. Fan out the slices of potatoes on top of the cheese and then sprinkle them with the remaining onion and Adam's Reserve Cheddar.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, ½ & ½ parsley and remaining ½ t of kosher salt. Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle with the bacon. Bake at 350°F for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until you can push gently on the center with the back of a spoon and custard doesn't seep through. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Do not let it stay at room temperature for more than two hours.