Avocado Toast with Cheddar, Tomato and Egg
- 4 ea Bread slices, large, rustic (we like sourdough)
- 8 ea Adams Reserve Cheddar slices
- 2 ea Avocado, ripe, pitted, peeled and smashed
- ½ C Baby tomatoes, sliced
- 1 t Kosher salt
- ¼ t Fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ C Sprouts, (can use bean, pea, alfalfa)
- 4 ea Eggs
- Bring three cups of water to a boil in a small pot over high heat. Once boiling, lower in the eggs with a spoon and set a timer for five minutes. While those are boiling, prepare an ice bath for the eggs. When the timer goes off, transfer the eggs to the ice bath with a spoon and reset the timer for one minute. Once the timer goes off, remove the eggs and peel them. Set them aside in a warm place.
- Lightly toast the bread and top with a slice of Adams Reserve Cheddar. Place back in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, season the tomatoes with the olive oil, half of the salt and half of the pepper and set aside.
- Once the cheddar is melted, top each piece with the mashed avocado and top with the seasoned tomatoes and sprouts. Carefully slice each egg in half over the toasts, trying not to lose the yolk. Season with the remaining salt & pepper. Serve immediately.