Whipped Sweet Potato Gratin with Apples
Published on April 21, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Serves 6 to 8 people
- 3 ea Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1” pieces
- 2 ea Granny Smith Apples, peeled & cut into 1” pieces
- 1 C Cream
- 2 T Butter
- 2 T Salt
- 1/4 T Ground White Pepper
- 1 T Fresh Thyme, leaves only
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar Cheese slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In an ovenproof dish, combine the sweet potatoes, apples, cream, butter, salt & pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until fork tender. While the mixture is still warm transfer to a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Transfer about half of the potato puree to a 9 x 13 casserole dish, top with about half of the cheese and half of the thyme. Spread on the remaining potatoes and top with the remaining cheese & thyme. At this point you can wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days. 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, put into a 350ºF oven for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Course : Side Dishes
- Recipe Type : Casserole, Comfort Food, Fall Recipes, Fruit, Holiday, Potatoes, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.