Grilled Shrimp Stuffed with Aged Cheddar
- Prep Time
- 8 ea Extra Large Shrimp: peeled, de-veined, tail-on
- 2 ea Adams Reserve sliceses or ½ C grated
- ½ C Coarse bread crumbs, toasted
- ¼ C Fresh Parsley, coarse chopped
- ½ T Kosher Salt
- ¼ T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Pinch Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the grill to high. Butterfly the shrimp by slicing along the back but do not cut all the way through. Season them with ½ the salt. Lay the shrimp out on a cookie sheet and fold them open.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, ½ the salt, both peppers and the oil. Mix well to combine. Take about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture and pack onto the shrimp, repeat with all the shrimp.
- Carefully transfer the shrimp to the grill, stuffing side up. Close the lid and grill for about 4 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.