Ultimate Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
- Makes 1 quart
- 1 bunch Broccoli
- 1 ea Small Yellow Onion
- 12 oz Chicken Stock or low sodium canned broth
- 12 oz Half & Half
- 4 oz Grated Adams Reserve Cheddar
- 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 T Dijon Mustard
- Splash Tabasco
- 2T+21/2 T Kosher Salt (less if using canned broth)
- 2 T Flour
- 2 T Butter
- Bring a gallon of water to a boil with about 2 T kosher salt. Cut the broccoli into small florettes and peel the stem. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water until very tender, strain and cool under cold running water. Reserve 1/3 of the florettes for a garnish.
- Fine dice the onion and sauté it with the butter in a medium-sized sauce pot over medium heat. When the onion is translucent, add the flour and stir for approximately a minute. Pour the stock and half & half into the pot and whisk until smooth. Add in the broccoli and the salt and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Add the cheddar and puree again for 10 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and blend for another 10 seconds. Mix in the reserved florettes and serve hot.