Super Creamy Cheddar Pasta Sauce
Published on August 14, 2018 | By Adams Reserve |
- 1 # Pasta, your favorite shape
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 12 oz Evaporated milk
- 1 C Whole milk
- 1 C Heavy cream
- ¼ t Dry mustard powder
- ½ t Granulated garlic
- 1¾ t Kosher salt
- 3 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cook pasta until just barely tender. Drain and keep warm. In a large pot, combine everything except the cream cheese and cheddar. Bring to a simmer, whisking often to prevent scorching. Add in the cream cheese and whisk smooth. Add the warm pasta and the cheddar. Turn off the heat and stir until the cheddar is melted. The sauce will thicken more as it sets with the pasta. Let set in a warm place for 10 minutes and continue with the optional topping.
- Optional topping:
2 C Corn flakes, crushed
1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
¼ t Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Combine the corn flakes, cheddar and salt and mix well. Sprinkle onto a parchment-lined cookie tray in an even layer and place in the oven. Stir after ten minutes and continue to bake for another 5 minutes or until crispy, but not too brown.
- Transfer the creamy mac & cheese into a gratin dish and spread out evenly. Top with the cheddar corn flakes and serve immediately.