Roasted Cauliflower & Cheddar Soup
Published on December 10, 2021 | By Adams Reserve |
- 1 ea Cauliflower, large head
- 2t Kosher Salt
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ea Onion, medium, julienned
- 1 T Fresh Garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 C Whole Milk, hot
- 1 C + ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ C Herbs, chopped (parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage)
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Trim the cauliflower of its leaves and lower stem. Cut the head into thumb sized florets and chop up the stem. Place in a mixing bowl with the onion, garlic, olive oil and salt. Toss thoroughly to coat well.
- Transfer to a rimmed cookie sheet and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Cook covered in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes or until nicely caramelized and tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove about ½ cup of the prettiest florets and set aside for garnish.
- Transfer the remaining hot cauliflower mixture to a blender and add in the hot milk and 1 cup of the cheddar. Cover and puree until smooth, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt & pepper if desired.
- Finely chop your herbs and combine with reserved cauliflower and the ½ cup cheddar. When ready to serve, fill soup bowls and top with the cheddary garnish; serve immediately. If making ahead, chill soup and store garnish separately; will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Chilled soup with last 4 days in the refrigerator.