Loaded Mac & Cheese
- 2 C Your favorite small pasta, uncooked
- 1 t Dry mustard
- 1 t Salt
- 2 T Butter, divided
- 2 oz Cream cheese, room temp
- ½ C Heavy cream
- 12 oz Evaporated milk
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- For the Topping
- ½ C Bacon, cooked crispy, rough chopped
- ¼ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ C Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ C Sour cream
- ¼ C Scallions, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF and coat an oven-safe 9x13 pan with 1T butter.
- Cook pasta in salted water per directions on the box, drain and set aside. In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring the milk, cream, butter, cream cheese, salt and mustard to a simmer. Whisk as it comes to a simmer to dissolve the butter and cream cheese. Add the cheese, remove from heat and stir until melted and combined. Add cooked pasta and stir. Pour into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine panko, ¼ C cheddar and the bacon. Sprinkle on top of mac & cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Top with the sour cream and scallions. Serve warm.