Grilled Portabella Sandwich
- Serves 4 to 5 people
- 1 ea French Baguette
- 6 ea Large Portabella Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 ea Red Onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 C Arugula
- 1 ea Red Bell Pepper
- 6 ea Adams Reserve Cheddar slices
- ¼ C Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Kosher Salt
- ¼ T fresh ground Black Pepper
- 1 T fresh Thyme
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Over medium high heat sauté the onion with the butter and ¼ t of the salt until golden brown.
- Cut the pepper into inch wide strips.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the balsamic, olive oil & thyme.
- Toss the mushrooms, peppers & onions with the vinaigrette.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and season with the salt & pepper.
- Place on the grill and cover with aluminum foil.
- Flip after 4 minutes, top the mushrooms with the Adam’s Reserve Cheddar and remove from the heat after another 4 minutes, or when the veggies are tender.
- Split the baguette like a hoagie roll. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a touch of salt & pepper, grill both sides of the bread until golden brown & crisp.
- Remove from the grill and build the sandwich with the veggies and top with the arugula.
- Put the top of the baguette on the sandwhich and pierce with 4 or 5 sandwhich pick and cut into portions.
- Serve warm or room temperature.