Chorizo & Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Published on April 22, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Makes 12 large or 24 medium.
- 12 ea Extra large Button
- Mushrooms (or 24 Medium)
- 1/2 # Fresh Chorizo
- 1 ea Small Yellow Onion, minced
- 2 ea Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1/4 C Cream Cheese
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 2 T Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 T Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 C Bread Crumbs, plain
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set them aside. Place the mushroom caps on a cookie tray, stem side up. Brush them with the oil and sprinkle with half the salt. Bake them for 15 minutes or until soft. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, flip them over to drain out the juice.
- In a sautee pan over medium-high heat, brown the chorizo and break it up into small chunks. Remove it to a mixing bowl and keep any of the excess fat in the pan. Chop the reserved stems and add them with the onions and garlic to the pan and season with the remaining salt. Sauté them until soft. Add back in the chorizo, cream cheese, cheddar, half of the bread crumbs and the cilantro, stir until well combined. Stuff the filling inside the mushrooms and top with the remaining bread crumbs (can refrigerate for up to 2 days).
- To finish, return the stuffed mushrooms to the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
- Course : Appetizers
- Recipe Type : Holiday, Pork
No comments yet.