Cheddar & Pumpkin Seed Roasted Acorn Squash
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 ea Acorn Squash
- 4 tbs. Butter, melted
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ C Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ C Pumpkin Seeds or Pepitas, shelled & raw, chopped
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Carefully cut the squash into 4ths, scoop out the seeds and place cut side up on a cookie sheet. Brush the squash with half of the butter and sprinkle with half of the salt and half of the pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes in a 350F oven or until tender.
- While the squash are roasting prepare the topping. In a mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Once the squash are roasted, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the topping across the squash. Place back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is crispy and brown.
- Serve warm. Pairs great with a crisp white wine.