Cheddar & Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast
Published on May 17, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- For the Roast:
- 5 to 6 # Standing Rib Roast
- 2 ½ t Kosher Salt
- ½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- For the Crust:
- 1 ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar
- ½ C Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ C Fresh Parsley, chopped
- ¼ C Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1 T Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- ¼ T Kosher Salt
- 1/8 T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 T Butter
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Season the roast with the salt & pepper and place in a roasting pan. Place the roast in the oven and immediately lower the heat to 300F.
- While the Roast is in the oven, prepare the crust. In a small sauté pan over medium heat, briefly saut the garlic in the butter. Once the garlic is tender, combine it with the remaining crust ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- You will need to put the crust on the roast before it reaches your desired temperature. When the roast reaches the correct temp, pack the crust onto the outside of the roast and return it to the oven. See the chart below. Rare: 95ºF 110ºF Med. Rare: 105ºF 115ºF Medium: 115ºF 125ºF Med Well: 120ºF 135ºF Well: 130ºF 145ºF
- Once the roast hits the correct temperature, pull from the oven and keep in a warm place for about 15 minutes before carving.
No comments yet.