Cheddar & Crab Baby Quesadillas
Published on April 22, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Makes 24 quesadillas
- 4 ea Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 ea Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1/2 T Chili Powder
- 1/4 T Ground Cumin
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 C Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 T all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 # Back-Fin Crab Meat (Remove all shells)
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated or 4 slices, crumbled
- 1 ea Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 ea Banana Pepper, sweet or hot, julienned
- 1 T Vegetable Oil (more is needed to brown the Quesadillas)
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, garlic and peppers in the oil with the salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper until the vegetables are soft. Add the flour and stir for 30 seconds, add the milk and bring to a simmer. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, add the crab, cilantro and Adams Reserve Cheddar. Stir to combine. Cut the tortillas into your desired shape, a 2 inch circle works nice for an hors d’oeuvre.
- Place a tablespoon of the crab mixture on one tortilla circle and top with another. Continue the process until all the crab mix is used. In a sauté pan or on a griddle over medium heat, brown the baby quesadillas in 1 teaspoon of hot vegetable oil.
- Course : Appetizers
- Recipe Type : Football, Mexican Recipes, Seafood
No comments yet.