Cheddar Corn Chowder
Published on May 9, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- ¼ # Bacon, diced (optional)
- 2qts Milk, 2% or Whole
- 1 ea Small Sweet Onion, small diced
- 2 T Olive Oil
- ¼ C All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Potatoes, peeled and small diced
- 4 ea Ears of Corn, kernels cut from the cob
- ¼ # Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ cup Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1 ½ t Kosher Salt
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, render the diced bacon until crispy. Add the olive oil and onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and continue to cook and stir for another 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, being sure to whisk it smooth as you add it.
- Bring to a simmer and add in the potatoes and the corn cobs, not the kernels. Stir and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just barely soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, remove the corn cobs, scrap them clean with a spoon and then add the corn kernels, salt & pepper. Let simmer for another 3 minutes. Stir in the cheddar and the green onions and serve immediately.
- Servings : 4 to 6
- Course : Soups
- Recipe Type : Bacon, Comfort Food, Football, Potatoes
No comments yet.