Cheddar, Beef & Cumin Empanadas
Published on September 20, 2022 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- 8 oz Ground Beef
- ½ C Onion, fine diced
- 3 ea Garlic Cloves, fine diced
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ½ t Kosher Salt
- 1 ea Mild Hatch Chilies, 4oz can
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1ea 10 Piece Can Flakey Biscuit Dough
- 1ea Egg
- For the filling: In a saute pan over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and break if up really well. Add in the onions, garlic, cumin, pepper and salt and continue to cook until the onions are soft. Add in the chilies and stir well. Transfer the beef mixture to a mixing bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- While the beef mixture is chilling, roll out the biscuit dough. Do so by pulling each biscuit in half and dredging in flour. Once you’ve split all the biscuits, roll them out to about 1/8” thick and set aside.
- Remove the beef mixture from the refrigerator once it’s chilled and stir in the cheddar. Preheat your oven to 400º F In a bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- To assemble the empanadas, layout about 10 of the dough circles and brush half of it with the egg wash. Place about 1 ½ tablespoons of filling in the center of the dough circles, then begin folding them over and sealing them by crimping the edges with a fork. Place the empanadas on a parchment lined baking sheet and finish filling the rest. Once you are done, egg wash the tops of each empanada.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with guacamole or salsa while still hot.
- Servings : Serves 6 to 8 People
- Course : Appetizers, Snacks
- Recipe Type : Beef, Entertaining, Football, Mexican Recipes
No comments yet.