Beet, Horseradish & Cheddar Salad
Published on May 8, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Roasting the Beets:
- 1 # Red Beets
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Kosher Salt
- For the Salad:
- 3 T Cider Vinegar
- 1 T Stone Ground Mustard
- ¼ c + 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Honey
- 1 ½ t Kosher Salt
- ½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ c Prepared Horseradish, squeezed dry
- 1 c Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated or crumbled
- Heat the oven to 350F. Rub the beets with the oil and sprinkle with the salt. Wrap them tightly in aluminum foil and place them on a cookie tray. Roast in the oven for about an hour or until they are fork tender. Let them cool until they are cool enough to touch and then rub the skins off with a clean towel. Use a towel you are not afraid to stain.
- Cut into bite size wedges and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients with the beets and toss to incorporate. Let set for about 15 minutes and serve room temperature.
- Course : Salads
- Recipe Type : Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.