Published on May 3, 2017 | By Adams Reserve |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 to 24
- 1 # Zucchini
- 1 t+ ¼ t Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ C Onion, fine diced
- 1 t Fresh Garlic, fine chopped
- 2 T Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 t Hot Sauce, tabasco or sriracha or your favorite.
- ¼ C All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ t Baking Powder
- Grate the zucchini on the large hole of a box grater, toss with the 1t salt and set into a colander over a bowl and let drain for 30 minutes. Then squeeze the zucchini, a handful at a time to get more of the liquid out. Place the dry zucchini into another mixing bowl and add in the egg, onion, garlic, parsley, pepper and hot sauce and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle on the flour, baking powder, ¼t salt and cheddar and again, mix thoroughly.
- To cook the fritters, heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat with about 2 to 3T of olive oil, enough for about 1/8th inch of oil in the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot, drop in spoonfuls of the batter and flatten to about ½ inch thick. Once brown, turn and brown on the other side. Raise or lower the heat as needed so that once the fritter is brown, the interior is fully cooked. Serve while still warm with a nice spicy, creamy sauce, such as a chipotle sour cream.
- Course : Appetizers
- Recipe Type : Entertaining, Vegetarian/Vegetable
No comments yet.