Adams Reserve Cheddar & Roasted Pepper Tart
- Prep Time
- 5" x 10" Tart
- 1 pcs Puff Pastry, 5" x 10"
- 3 ea Adams Reserve Cheddar, Slices
- 1 # Baby Sweet Peppers
- 1 ea Small Red Onion
- 1 t Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 t EVOO
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- ½ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Toasted Nuts and Fresh Herbs to Garnish (Parsley, Basil, or Rosemary)
- Chop the peppers and onions into large chunks. In large bowl, toss with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and turn all the peppers skin side up. Broil in the oven on high until the peppers begin to blister and develop charred spots.
- For the pastry, place it on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pierce holes with a fork until every ¼". Place 2 ½ slices of the cheddar on the tart and then top with the roasted vegetables. Crumble the remaining half slice of cheddar over the vegetables. Bake at 400°F for about 12 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the nuts and herbs and serve while still warm. This tart can be served as small hors d′oeuvres by cutting into 2" squares.