Flank Steak Sandwich
- Serves 6 people
- 2 # Flank Steak
- 1 T + 1/2 t Salt
- 11/4 t Black Pepper
- 1 ea Large Red Onion
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 3 T Mayonnaise
- 1/4 C Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2 C Baby Arugula or Spinach
- 2 T Italian Dressing
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar slices
- 1 pkg soft pull apart rolls or Ciabatta Buns, cooked if applicable
- Fire up the grill, half of it on high heat and the other half on low heat.
- Season the flank steak with 1 T of the salt and 1 tsp of the black pepper.
- Toss the onion with the olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and the BBQ sauce.
- Place flank steak and onions on hottest part of the grill. Grill the steaks and onions for approximately 7 minutes total on each side or about 15 minutes in all.
- Once steak is at desired temperature, remove from grill and let stand or rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the onions in a mixing bowl tightly covered with plastic wrap.
- Lay out buns on low-heat side of the grill. Let them toast for 30 seconds, being careful not to burn them.
- Toss arugula in Italian dressing in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Slice the steak very thinly against the grain and distribute evenly over the buns. Top each steak portion with 2 slices of Adams Reserve Cheddar and the BBQ’d onions. Place the half sandwiches on the low-heat side of the grill and close the lid for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- In the meantime, spread the mayonnaise evenly on each of the bun tops. Open grill and lay arugula on top of the sandwich halves. Top with remaining buns and hold together with a toothpick.