Cheddar, Tomato & Basil Pasta Salad
- Prep Time
- ½ lb. Dried Pasta, cellentani is our favorite
- 2 T Kosher Salt
- 1 gal Water
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded or crumbled
- 1 pt Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ C Fresh Parsley Leaves, rough chopped
- ¼ C Fresh Basil Leaves, rough torn
- 1 ea Small Red Onion, peeled & julienned
- 1 ea Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 T Kosher Salt, more if needed
- ¼ T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ T Sugar
- ¼ C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ C Basil Pesto (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil with 2 t of the kosher salt. Add the pasta and cook until just done. Drain and then spread on a cookie sheet and let cool.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pasta and let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, toss in the pasta, taste and adjust the seasoning to desired amount with more salt, pepper or lemon juice. Alternatively, toss pasta with fresh basil pesto to coat.