Cheddar Stuffed and Grilled Poblano Peppers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5-6 Large Poblano Peppers
- ¾ lb. Bulk Chorizo Sausage
- 1 ½ C Onion, minced
- 1 T Garlic, minced
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- ½ C Rice, cooked
- ½ C Unseasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, crumbled or shredded (additional for garnish)
- 2 T Cilantro, chopped
- 1 T Canola Oil
- ½ T Kosher Salt
- ¼ T Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- In a pan cook the Chorizo ¾ of the way (breaking into small pieces as you go). Add the garlic and onions. When cooked through, remove from heat and combine with the cooked rice, Adams Reserve Cheddar, breadcrumbs and cilantro.
- Heat half of the grill on high, keeping the lid closed after lighting. Cut the top third of the pepper off and scoop out the seeds. Rub peppers with canola oil, season with salt and pepper and stuff peppers with the sausage & rice mixture.
- Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet and top with a little extra Cheddar. Place on the grill, on the cookie sheet, not over direct heat, and close the lid. Keep on grill until cheese is melted and peppers are heated through.
- Take the peppers off the tray and place on the hot side of the grill, just to give them some char. Serve with your favorite salsa.