Cheddar & Horseradish Roast Beef Melt
- 4 sandwiches
- For the Cheddar & Horseradish Spread:
- 8 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 4 T Mayonnaise
- 3 T Grated Horseradish, squeeze the juice out
- ¼ t Garlic Powder
- 1/8 t Black Pepper
- ¼ C Chives, sliced fine
- In a stand mixer with a paddle or with a hand mixer, mix until just combined.
- For the Sandwiches:
- 4 ea Hoagie Rolls
- 1 # Roast Beef, sliced thin
- 1 ea Large Onion, julienned
- 2 T Butter, soft
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the onions, butter and salt until the onions begin to brown and are tender.
- Slice the tops off the hoagies and remove some of the interior bread, save the tops and interior bread for another recipe.
- Divide the roast beef between the sandwiches, top with the onions and then cheddar & horseradish spread. Place the sandwiches on a cookie sheet. Bake in the oven about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the beef is warm. Serve while still warm.