Cheddar & Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Published on February 4, 2017 | By Jason Robertson |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 8 Biscuits
- ½ # Breakfast Sausage, bulk, mild or spicy
- 3 T All Purpose Flour
- 2 C Milk
- ¼ t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ½ t Kosher Salt
- ½ C Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, crumble the sausage into the pan. Brown the sausage and stir, continue to cook until the sausage is fully cooked. Then, drain most of the fat from the pan.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the sausage, and stir to combine. Place the pan back over the heat and add about 1/3 of the milk. Stir the milk and sausage until thoroughly combined and beginning to thicken. Add the remaining milk and stir thoroughly. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once ready to serve, stir in the cheddar and bring back to a simmer.
- Serve warm over Adams Reserve Cheddar biscuits.*
- Servings : 4 people / 8 biscuits
- Course : Breakfast