- Prep Time
- 1 2½ lb Beef Tenderloin
- 2 ea Large Sweet Onions, peeled & julienned
- 1 ea Garlic Clove, peeled & chopped
- 2 T Butter
- ¼ C fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ T Kosher Salt
- ¼ T fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 6 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butterfly the beef tenderloin by cutting the beef lengthwise down the center to within ½ inch of the other side. Set the beef aside. In a large sauté pan, combine the butter, onions and a ½ t of the salt and cook over medium-high heat. Stir often and cook until the onions are golden brown. Add the garlic and parsley and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and chill. Once chilled, add the cheddar and combine thoroughly.
- To stuff the tenderloin, open the beef and sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper. Spoon the cheddar mixture down the center of the tenderloin. Bring the two sides of the tenderloin up and around the filling to meet. Using butcher string, tie the tenderloin together at 2-inch intervals. Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 40 minutes for medium rare. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice about 1½ inches thick.