Asparagus and Radicchio Salad with Creamy Cheddar Vinaigrette
- Prep Time
- 20-24 Large Asparagus Spears, white parts trimmed off
- 2 hds Radicchio
- ⅔ C EVOO
- ⅓ C Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 ½ t Kosher Salt
- 1 t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, Grated and Packed
- 1 ea Large Shallot, sliced thin
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 2 t Honey
- ¼ C Water
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1T each of the vinegar and XVOO with 1t of salt and ½t of pepper. Toss the asparagus, radicchio and shallots with mixture. Remove asparagus and place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Broil on high until the asparagus begins to char.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Refrigerate (can keep approx. 2 weeks in the refrigerator). When the asparagus are finished cooking, slice to 2-3″ portions and combine with radicchio and shallots. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with Adams Reserve Cheddar Crispies. Serve immediately.