Adams Reserve American Monte Cristo
- 8 ea White or Wheat bread slices
- 8 ea Adams Reserve Cheddar slices
- 1/2 # Smoked Turkey, shaved
- 16 ea slices of Smoked Bacon, cooked
- 1 T Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 T Raspberry Jam
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- Spread the mustard on four slices of bread and the jam on the other four. On the mustard side, lay the turkey, followed by the Adams Reserve Cheddar and then the bacon. Top that with the raspberry slice of bread.
- For the Batter:
- 2 ea Eggs
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 T Salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, add half the butter. Dip both sides of two sandwiches in the batter and place in the pan. When the cooking side is golden brown, flip the sandwiches over. Remove them when the other side is golden brown and repeat with the remaining butter and the other two sandwiches. When all sandwiches are done, cut them into quarters, sprinkle with the powdered sugar and serve hot with a side of maple syrup. Makes 4 sandwiches.