Adams Reserve Cheddar Potato Latkes
- 8 3” latkes
- 1lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1ea Small Yellow Onion, about the size of a tennis ball
- 1 ½t Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¼# Adams Reserve Cheddar, grated
- 1/3C AP Flour
- 1t Baking Powder
- 1T Chopped Parsley
- 1/8t Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Grate the potatoes and the onion on a large hole grater. Mix with the salt and let set for 10 minutes. Then put the potatoes in a clean dish towel and ring out as much liquid as possible. Return to a mixing bowl and mix in the two eggs, stir until the eggs are fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cheddar, flour, baking powder, parsley and pepper together. Then combine it with the potato and egg mixture and mix very well.
- In a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and make 4 equal piles using half of the potato mixture. Press the piles down to about ½ inch thick and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook that side till golden brown as well, about 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining half of the potato mixture, keeping the first batch warm.
- Serve immediately or let cool to room temperature and reheat in a 450F oven for about 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream or apple sauce.