Adams Reserve Cheddar Fondue
- Prep Time
- ¾ C Dry White Wine
- 1 T Butter
- ¾ t Kosher Salt
- ¼ t Hot Sauce
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 1 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, crumbled or grated
- 4 t Cornstarch
- 1 T Dry White Wine
- Best Served: Warm
- When dissolving cornstarch and wine mixture into melted cheddar, pour slowly and whisk gently but constantly to produce and sublimely smooth fondue your guests will gush over.
- Adams Reserve Cheddar Fondue can be served as a traditional fondue with assorted accompaniments such as cubed bread or fruit. For a more ornate presentation, use a vegetable peeler to create elegant curls of cheese and top fondue.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the wine, salt, hot sauce and mustard and bring to a simmer. Add the cheddar and whisk until smooth and bubbly. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and the tablespoon of wine. Whisk mixture into fondue and bring back to a simmer. Serve warm.
- Pairing Tip: Pair a dry white wine with good acidity such as Chablis or Aligoté with fondue. Avoid highly aromatic wines such as Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc.