your perfect dish! Ex: "Steak"
& Cheddar Pita
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes Serves: 4-5
- 4-5 8” Pita Pockets
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs or Breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 ea Large Sweet Onion, sliced
- 1 ea Large Sweet Pepper, sliced
- 7 oz Adams Reserve Cheddar, shredded or crumbled
- 2 t Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 2/3 C Canola Oil
- 2 ½ C Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- ¼ C Italian Dressing
Slice pepper, onion and chicken. Place into a bowl with 2/3 cup canola oil and the lemon pepper seasoning. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight. Place the marinated chicken, peppers and onions on a preheated grill on high heat. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the peppers and onions are tender. Place the pita on the grill for a few seconds to heat it through. In a mixing bowl combine the lettuce, Italian dressing, Adams Reserve Cheddar, a pinch of salt & pepper and toss. Mix in the hot peppers, onions and chicken and fill the pita pockets with the salad.