your perfect dish! Ex: "Steak"
Cheddar Roasted Pepper & Polenta Gratin
- Serves 8 to 10 people
- 2 C Adams Reserve Cheddar, diced small
- 1/2 C finely diced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fres,h ground White Pepper
- 2 1/2 T extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/4 C Milk
- 2 1/4 C fresh or canned low sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 C coarse Corn Meal
- 3/4 C roasted Red Peppers
- 1 T freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 T freshly chopped Chives
In a large sauce pan, over medium high heat sauté the onions, garlic, salt and white pepper in 1 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil until translucent. Add in the milk and broth and bring to a boil. While whisking, stream in the corn meal and return to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the polenta is cooking cut half the pepper into 3” strips and finely dice the remaining half.
After the polenta is cooked, stir in the herbs, diced peppers and cheese. Pour into an oiled 9”x13” gratin dish and top with the pepper strips in a crosshatch pattern. Drizzle the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and either cover and chill or bake at 375° for 10 minutes to brown the top. If you are browning the gratin from cold, it will take 25 minutes.
Serve while still piping hot.